Monday 25 May 2009

West Coast Road Trip

After my birthday T and I headed up north of Geraldton for a weeks camping. Equipped with a tent and nothing much else we set off in T's trusty old Nissan Skyline.

Despite the fact that tourism has really taken off since I was here 11 years ago, it's still not too difficult to get away from it all on the West Coast. I was totally blown away by the landscape and the wildlife.

Here are a few pics from Coral Bay. On our second day there we hired some kayaks and a guide went exploring the outer reef. I love swimming with fishes.

Our guide was so blase about swimming with sharks that we were not scared. It might have been a different story if we were on our own. We saw three.

And Mr Turtle was so cool to swim with.

Here is a pic of our favorite campsite at bush bay.

And one of Tenae at Shell Beach. I was here with Borny 11 years ago. Was thinking of you mate!

This pic gives you a better idea of where it gets its name.

So now we are off to Perth. The holidaying is over and we need to find a place to stay and join the Rat Race again. We will be offline until we get the internet at our new place.

1 comment: